I am a retired law enforcement officer and currently serve as the Executive Board President of New Priorities Family Services, a Redmond, OR non-profit specializing in the treatment of mental health and substance abuse.
I was a hired with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office in 1989.
In 1993, I was promoted to Sergeant where I supervised twenty officers. My responsibility was to supervise jail operations, schedule staff assignments, and evaluate staff annually.
In 1995, I applied for the position of Training Sergeant and was appointed to the position. In that capacity, my responsibilities involved developing a training plan for all new officers, shooting range instructor and testing supervisor, managing the training budget for all training in the Sheriff’s Office, conduct Emergency Vehicle Operations Control training, developing various forms of classroom training and defensive tactics training, assigned as project manager and worked in coordination with the USMC for improvements on the shooting range and managed rental of the shooting range to other police agencies and private security groups.
In 1998, I tested and was promoted to Operations Lieutenant, where I was assigned to oversee all of operations. My responsibilities involved managing the budget for jail, the transport unit, classifications, and programs.
In 2000, I was appointed to the position of Commander and in addition to my responsibilities as a Lieutenant, the promotion to Commander added additional responsibilities of overseeing the medical unite and managing a $10 million dollar budget over a period of 3 years.
COMMITTEES, GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE, AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Clark County
- Clark County Mental Health Committee
- Sheriff’s Office Safety Committee
- Sheriff’s Office Commanders Guild,
- Sheriff’s Office Cultural Diversity Committee
- Clark County Diversity Team
- Clark County Cultural Diversity Award
- Clark County Personnel Best Award
- United States Navy
- US NAVY Petty Officer 3rd Class Certification
- Basic Training (Great Lakes Illinois)
- US Naval Management Training (New Orleans)
- US Naval Reserve Training (Long Beach, California)
- Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission
- WSCJTC Certification
- Supervisory Certification
- Management Certification
- Washington State
- Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs Certification